Instructions for Authors
SUBMISSION OF MANUSCRIPTS
Manuscripts should be submitted through the on-line Manuscript Central website http://acoms.atit.co.kr:8090/ask/index.jsp?publisher_cd=ask). Other correspondences can be e-mailed to Editor-in-Chief, The Acoustical Society of Korea, 5F, 2077, Nambusunhwan-ro, Dongjak-gu, Seoul 07025, Republic of Korea (e-mail: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, Tel: 82-2-565-1625, Fax: 82-2-569-9717).
Authors should be limited to those who meet all of the following conditions: 1) significant contribution to the conception and design, acquisition and analysis of data, or interpretation of the reported study, 2) drafting the article or revising it critically for important intellectual content, 3) approval of the final version of the manuscript to be published.
Another person’s original work, such as data, figures, text or ideas, should be properly acknowledged in the author’s manuscript and not be presented as if they were the author’s own.
Author should not publish findings that have been published previously. Multiple publications are only possible when it is compatible to the policy of Publication Ethics for publications in the Acoustic Society of Korea.
Disclosure of Conflict of Interest
If there are conflicts of interest related to author’s commitment, financial support, personal relationships, or dispute over this work, then the authors must disclose the nature of the conflict in the manuscript.
Process for Managing Research and Publication Misconduct
When the journal faces suspected cases of research and publication misconduct such as redundant (duplicate) publication, plagiarism, fraudulent or fabricated data, changes in authorship, an undisclosed conflict of interest, ethical problems with a submitted manuscript, a reviewer who has appropriated an author’s idea or data, complaints against editors, and so on, the resolution process will follow the instructions, “Guideline on publication ethics in ASK journals and presentations at ASK sponsored meetings (http://www.ask.or.kr/updated on November, 2013” or “International standards for authors (http://www.publicationethics.org/).”
All manuscripts intended for publication in the Journal of the Acoustical Society of Korea should be submitted by the ASK publication online system, and are handled through the peer-review process for scholarly publication. The submitted manuscripts are first assessed by the Editor-in-Chief. The manuscripts that are poorly written or not consistent with this journal’s scope will be rejected in this step. The approved manuscripts will be reviewed by two anonymous reviewers selected by the Editor-in-Chief or the Associate Editor assigned. During review process, the authors’ name and affiliation are open to the reviewers. The corresponding author will be notified regarding the decision to accept, reject, or request of revision of the manuscript within three weeks for regular publication and two weeks for accelerated publication. The manuscripts evaluated as “acceptance” is considered for publication. In case of other decisions, the Editor-in-Chief or Associate Editor assigned analyzes two reviewers’ comments thoroughly and makes the decision on revision or rejection. If a manuscript is classified as “revision”, the corresponding author should respond within one month, addressing the comments raised by the reviewers and submitting the revised manuscript. Then, the Editor-in-Chief or Associate Editor assigned should review the revised manuscript within two weeks whether it is necessary to have another review. The review process can be repeated if necessary. Finally, Editor-in-Chief or Associate Editor assigned makes the final decision on either “acceptance” or “rejection” of the manuscript for publication. The corresponding author is subsequently informed by the Editor-in-Chief of the final decision. When the final revised manuscript meets all ASK content and format requirements, it is scheduled for publication in the next available issue.
This journal accepts original research articles and critical review articles. An original research article comprises a complete, detailed, self-contained description of a research effort. The manuscript is accepted with the understanding that they have not been copyrighted, published, or accepted for publication elsewhere. A review article is required to provide an updating of an area of science or technology pertinent to the scope of this journal.
A regular basic publication charge is KRW 120,000 for the paper’s published length up to 6 pages, and KRW 50,000 per page for the additional pages should be paid by the authors or author’s institution or research sponsor. For the accelerated publication, a basic publication charge for the paper’s published length of 3 pages is KRW 200,000. If the paper’s published length exceeds 3 pages, there is an additional charge of KRW 90,000 per page. The publication charge entitles the corresponding author to receive 30 reprints without cover.
The Bank Account for Publication Charge Payment
Bank Account Number: 169-095333-01-001
Name of Bank: Woori bank (http://wooribank.com)
Account Holder: The Acoustical Society of Korea
Checklist for Manuscript Submission
This checklist is intended to make sure that the items below are taken care of before submitting a manuscript. All items are mandatory, and if not followed, the manuscript may be desk-rejected by the editorial staff. Please check the below items with a “V” mark in each box.
- □ The manuscript has not been copyrighted, nor has it been accepted for publication elsewhere.
- □ The manuscript must be single sided and typed double-spaced on A4 size (21cm × 30cm)
- □ The manuscript consists of title page, abstract, main text, references, table captions, tables, figure captions, and figures. Each figure should be in a separate page.
- □ The title, the list of authors, and their affiliations should be described both in Korean and in English.
- □ The address, phone number, fax number, and e-mail address of the corresponding author should be also described in English.
Abstract, Subject Classifications and Keywords
- □ The abstract should be one paragraph and should be limited to 200 words.
- □ The subject classificatin codes and the three to five keywords should be provided after the abstract.
- □ The references should be indicated in the text by the bracket [ ].
- □ The references should be numbered consecutively and managed by the standard format of ASK (http://www.ask.or.kr).
- □ The references should be easily accessible to readers.
- □ Each figure must have a caption and the captions are gathered together into a single list that appears at the end of the manuscript.
- □ Each figure should be on a separate page with the figure number.
- □ Each figure should be manifestly legible when reduced to on column of the printed journal page.
- □ Color figures can be included with the extra publication charge if color printing is requested.
- □ Tables should be numbered consecutively by capital Roman numerals.
- □ Each table must have a descriptive caption.
- □ The table captions are gathered together into a single list that appears at the end of the manuscript.